The overall aim of the Human Resources Team is to support front line delivery by providing a variety of specialist functions:
- Recruitment and attraction and progression across the whole Service, including assessment and development centres.
- Payroll and pensions, which is supported by specialists at Shropshire Council
- Occupational Health Services Management including attendance management
- Disciplinary and Grievance support to individuals and Line Management
- Policy development and implementation in line with Employment Law and best practice giving Guidance to Line Managers
- Equality and Diversity support
- Administration support across the HR function
- Maintenance of employee personnel records
As a support service the team continually strives to provide a high quality and proactive service to potential employees, employees and managers to ensure that core values are integral to our service and that we all work within a culture of dignity and respect. Staff within the department are trained professionals with relevant experience within the field of Human Resources.