The Brigade is committed to providing the highest level of training to Operational personnel. Associate Trainers enable us to meet this goal.
Associate Trainers provide in depth training in specialised subjects to support and enhance our operational personnel’s skills and knowledge.
The training is available to all Wholetime and Retained Duty Staff. The benefits include cutting down on travel time for RDS personnel as the Associate Trainers travel to the stations maximising the time available for training.
The subjects that Associate Trainers provide are: -
- Line Safety
- Water Safety
- Incident Command and Control
- Automated External Difibulator/Bag Valve Mask
- Breathing Apparatus
- Road Traffic Collision Procedures
- MDT Procedures
- Decontamination/Hazardous Materials
- Manual Handling
- Radio Operation and Procedure
- Microsoft™ software use (IT)
- Health and Safety
- Animal Rescue Procedures
- Light Goods Vehicles (RTC)
- Specialist Appliances
- First Aid