Core skill training
The Brigade is committed to providing the highest level of training to Operational personnel. Core Skill Training enables us to meet this goal.
Core Skill training enables all operational personnel to become fully competent within their role and ensures that they maintain the highest levels of Health & Safety when carrying out their duties.
All Staff receive training in (alphabetical order): -
- Breathing Apparatus
- Equality & Diversity
- Incident Command and Control
- Line Safety
- Manual Handling
- New Dimensions
- Professional Firefighting
- Road Traffic Collision Procedures Water Safety
- Tactical Firefighting
Following their core skills training all operational personnel attend the Training & Development Centre annually for 2 days duration to receive training and assessment in:
- Breathing Apparatus, including Tactical Firefighting
- Road Traffic Collision, and
- Resilience (Water and Line safety)
This is carried out over a four year rolling programme with Breathing Apparatus being carried out biennially.