Members are reminded that they should declare any personal and/or prejudicial interests at this point and that they should leave the meeting before any item, in which they have a prejudicial interest, is discussed.
Audit and Performance Management - 13 March 2008
Please note that details of complaints made about, and compliments received by, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service are available at every meeting of the Fire Authority for Members to peruse. Please ask either Lynn Ince or Sharon Lloyd if you would like to look at them.
01. Apologies for Absence
02. Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to agree the minutes of the meeting of the Audit and Performance Management Committee, held on 22 November 2007, and that they be signed as a correct record.For decision
04. Public Questions
To receive any questions, statements or petitions, of which notice has been received, from members of the public.
05. Audit Commission
Mr Corcoran and Ms Wong from the Audit Commission will attend to present the following reports:
05. 2007/08 Audit - Outline Plan
The Audit Commission will give a verbal report on progress with the 2007/08 Outline Audit Plan.
05a. Annual Audit and Inspection Letter 2006/07For information
06. Performance Assessment – Key Performance Indicators
This report informs Members of predicted performance assessment scores based on the current performance of the Key Performance Indicators.For information
07. Performance against Best Value Performance Indicators April 2007 to September 2007
This report informs Members of the Brigade’s performance against nationally prescribed Best Value Performance Indicators for the period 1 April to 31 December 2007.For information
08. Retained Duty System Performance Monitoring
This report provides information regarding the ongoing performance of the Retained Duty System in Shropshire.For information
09. Quarterly Summary of Progress within the Improvement Priorities Programme 2007/08
The purpose of this report is to advise Members of progress within the Improvement Priorities Programme for quarter 3, October to December 2007.
The information is collated from the Project Managers and this report represents the progress made within each of the nine improvement priorities identified during the strategic planning process earlier in the year.For information
10. Statement on Internal Control : Improvement Plan 2007/08 Closure Report
This report informs Members that the Fire Authority’s current ‘Statement on Internal Control (SIC) Improvement Plan’ is being brought to a close, providing a summary of the improvements that have been made to the Authority’s control systems as a consequence. It also highlights the need for those pieces of work that remain uncompleted to be included in the new Improvement Plan that will be created as a result of the Statement on Accounts in June 2008.For information
11. Internal Audit 2007/08
This report sets out progress to date with the current year’s Internal Audit programme. It also seeks approval to a process for handling specific audit recommendations.For decision
12. Audit Committee Training
Discussions are to take place on 6 March 2008 with County Council officers regarding Audit Committee training, which they may be able to provide for the Fire Authority's Audit and Performance Management Committee. Officers will provide a verbal update on progress at the meeting.
Definitions of Exempt Information
- Paragraph 1
- Information relating to any individual
- Paragraph 2
- Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual
- Paragraph 3
- Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding the information)
- Paragraph 4
- Information relating to any consultations or negotiations, or contemplated consultations or negotiations, in connection with any labour relations matter arising between the authority or a Minister of the Crown and employees of, or office holders under, the authority.
- Paragraph 5
- Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
- Paragraph 6
- Information which reveals that the authority proposes:
(a) to give under any enactment a notice under or by virtue of which requirements are imposed on a person; or
(b) to make an order or direction under any enactment.
- Paragraph 7
- Information relating to any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime.