Members are asked to elect a Chair of the Appeals Panel for the meeting.
Human Resources - 23 March 2012
Please note that details of complaints made about, and compliments received by, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service are available at every meeting of the Fire Authority for Members to peruse. Please ask either Lynn Ince or Sharon Lloyd if you would like to look at them.
01. Election of Chair
02. Apologies for Absence
No apologies have been received
03. Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded that they should declare any personal and/or prejudicial interests at this point and that they should leave the meeting room before any item, in which they have a prejudicial interest, is discussed.
04. Public Questions
Members are asked to receive any questions, statements or petitions, of which notice has been received, from members of the public.
05. Appeals Panel Hearing Procedure
The Chair will bring the procedure, attached marked 5, to the notice of those present at the meeting.For information
06. Local Government Act 1972
Members are asked to consider a resolution under section 100A(4) of The Local Government Act 1972 that the public be excluded from the meeting for items 7 and 8 on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information, as defined by the provisions of part 1 of Schedule 12(A) to The Act, by virtue of Paragraphs 1 and 2: information relating to any individual ; and information, which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual.
07. Disciplinary Appeal (Paragraphs 1 and 2)
This report attached marked 7, asks the Appeals Panel to consider an appeal made against a disciplinary decision.For decision
08. Grounds for Appeal (Paragraphs 1 and 2)
This paper, attached marked 8, sets out the grounds for appeal received on 1 March 2012.For information
09. Panel Deliberation and Decision
The Panel will deliberate in private. All parties will then be invited back into the meeting to hear the Panel's decision.
Definitions of Exempt Information
- Paragraph 1
- Information relating to any individual
- Paragraph 2
- Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual
- Paragraph 3
- Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding the information)
- Paragraph 4
- Information relating to any consultations or negotiations, or contemplated consultations or negotiations, in connection with any labour relations matter arising between the authority or a Minister of the Crown and employees of, or office holders under, the authority.
- Paragraph 5
- Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
- Paragraph 6
- Information which reveals that the authority proposes:
(a) to give under any enactment a notice under or by virtue of which requirements are imposed on a person; or
(b) to make an order or direction under any enactment.
- Paragraph 7
- Information relating to any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime.