Members are reminded that they should declare any personal and/or prejudicial interests at this point and that they should leave the meeting before any item, in which they have a prejudicial interest, is discussed.
Human Resources - 05 June 2008
Please note that details of complaints made about, and compliments received by, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service are available at every meeting of the Fire Authority for Members to peruse. Please ask either Lynn Ince or Sharon Lloyd if you would like to look at them.
01. Apologies for AbsenceFor information
02. Declarations of InterestFor information
03. Non-Exempt Minutes
Members are asked to agree the non-exempt minutes of the Human Resources Committee meeting, held on 6 December 2007, and that they be signed by the Chair as a correct record.For decision
04. Pensions and Retirement Policy for staff who are members of the Local Government Pension Scheme
This report presents to the Human Resources Committee, the revised Pension and Retirement Policy for staff who are members of the Local Government Pension Scheme for consideration.For decision
05. Employment of Firefighters on the Retained Duty System as Police Community Support Officers
This report updates the Human Resources Committee on the recent resolution of the issue of Retained Duty System Firefighters working as Police Community Support Officers.For decision
06. Local Government Act 1972
Members are asked to consider a resolution under the Local Government Act
1972 that the public be excluded for items 12 and 13 on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information, as defined by the provisions of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act, by virtue of the paragraphs 1, 2 and 4.For information
07. Exempt Minutes (Paragraphs 1 and 2)
Members are asked to agree the exempt minutes of the Human Resources Committee meeting, held on 6 December 2007, and that they be signed by the Chair as a correct record.
Attached marked 7. For decisionFor information
08. Applications to Undertake Outside Employment (Paragraphs 1 and 2)
This report informs Members of ten applications to undertake outside employment.
Attached marked 8. For decisionFor information
09. Retained Firefighters and the Part Time Workers (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations: Employment Tribunal (Paragraph 4)
The report informs the Committee of the latest Employers' Circular on the subject, and outlines some of the issues that need to be resolved.
Attached marked 9. For informationFor information
Definitions of Exempt Information
- Paragraph 1
- Information relating to any individual
- Paragraph 2
- Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual
- Paragraph 3
- Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding the information)
- Paragraph 4
- Information relating to any consultations or negotiations, or contemplated consultations or negotiations, in connection with any labour relations matter arising between the authority or a Minister of the Crown and employees of, or office holders under, the authority.
- Paragraph 5
- Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
- Paragraph 6
- Information which reveals that the authority proposes:
(a) to give under any enactment a notice under or by virtue of which requirements are imposed on a person; or
(b) to make an order or direction under any enactment.
- Paragraph 7
- Information relating to any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime.