Members are reminded that they should declare any personal and/or prejudicial interests at this point and that they should leave the meeting before any item, in which they have a prejudicial interest, is discussed.
Strategy and Resources - 17 March 2011
Please note that details of complaints made about, and compliments received by, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service are available at every meeting of the Fire Authority for Members to peruse. Please ask either Lynn Ince or Sharon Lloyd if you would like to look at them.
01. Apologies for Absence
02. Declarations of Interest
03. Non-exempt minutes
Members are asked to agree the non-exempt minutes, attached marked 3, of the Strategy and Resources Committee meeting, held on 20 January 2011, and that they be signed by the Chair as a correct record.For decision
04. Public Questions
To receive any questions, statements or petitions, of which notice has been received, from members of the public.
05. Strategy and Resources Committee Work Plan 2011/12
This report, attached marked 5, reviews progress against the Strategy and Resources Committee 2010/11 Work Plan and seeks to put forward a 2011/12 Work Plan for consideration and approval by Members.For decision
06. Annual Report of the Strategy and Resources Committee
This report, attached marked 6, presents the draft version of the Annual Report of the Strategy and Resources Committee for consideration and approval by Members, prior to submission to the Fire Authority at its meeting in April 2011.For decision
07. Service Plan and Public Value Performance Measures 2011/12
This report, attached marked 7, informs Members of further developments to produce and implement a meaningful and simplified annual Service Plan 2011/12 to support delivery of the Fire Authority's Medium Term Corporate Plan.For decision
08. Financial Issues Update
This report, attached marked 8, updates the Committee on financial matters arising since the last performance report, and seeks approval for action, where necessary.For decision
09. Information and Communication Technology
This report, attached marked 9, updates Members on our current position with Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure and requests that some £300,000 be moved from the capital reserve and other budgets for IT capital expenditure into a specific 'ICT Improvements' Reserve budget, when closing the 2010/11 accounts.For decision
10. Proposed Response - The Future of Fire and Rescue Control Services in England (Consultation Exercise)
This report, attached marked 10, sets out a proposed response, on behalf of the Fire Authority, to the Government's recently announced consultation exercise regarding the future of fire control services in England.For decision
11. Fire Futures Report
This report, attached marked 11, summarises the five Fire Futures reports presented to the Fire Minister, Bob Neil MP and suggests themes for a response for Fire Authority Members.
The full Fire Futures reports, which are summarised in this report, can be accessed via the following link:
12. Local Government Act 1972
Members are asked to consider a resolution under the Local Government Act 1972 that the public and press be excluded for the following agenda item on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information, as defined by the provisions of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act, by virtue of paragraphs 3 and 4.For decision
13. Exempt Minutes
Members are asked to agree the exempt minutes, attached marked 13, of the Strategy and Resources Committee meeting, held on 20 January 2011, and that they be signed by the Chair as a correct record.For decision
Definitions of Exempt Information
- Paragraph 1
- Information relating to any individual
- Paragraph 2
- Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual
- Paragraph 3
- Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding the information)
- Paragraph 4
- Information relating to any consultations or negotiations, or contemplated consultations or negotiations, in connection with any labour relations matter arising between the authority or a Minister of the Crown and employees of, or office holders under, the authority.
- Paragraph 5
- Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
- Paragraph 6
- Information which reveals that the authority proposes:
(a) to give under any enactment a notice under or by virtue of which requirements are imposed on a person; or
(b) to make an order or direction under any enactment.
- Paragraph 7
- Information relating to any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime.