The light pumping unit is used to pump water over long distances. Capable of pumping up to 3000 litres per minute over 1.5 km. Normally crewed by two firefighters, but also requires a supporting fire engine to go with it.
- 4 x 4
- 60m hose – the distance available to operate the pump from the appliance
- Demountable hydraulically driven pump
- Operated remotely
- The pump is placed into the water supply (ie. lake, river) where it floats
- Carries 1km of 6-inch delivery hose
- The hose is compatible with the Heavy Pumping Unit