Some of Shropshire's annual major events:
- Attingham Park outdoor concerts
- Ludlow Festival
- Shrewsbury Flower Show
- V Festival at Weston Park
- West Mid Show
Are you organising a public event?
Organisers of events need to be aware that a great deal of planning and organisation is required to run an event successfully, safely and in compliance with a wide range of legislation depending on the type of event. Organisers must remember that, at all times, they are responsible for all aspects of an event.
Before organising any public event you must do the following:
- Seek advice from the Environmental Health Office of your District or Borough Council - follow the Shropshire Portal link for contact details
- Carry out a risk assessment
- Identify those measures which will maintain the duty of care for both employers and attendees
Failure to comply with the relevant legislation or with a general duty of care can leave you open to legal action by relevant authorities or civic action by individuals. Both of these can lead to large fines, compensation claims or prison sentences.
Attached below is a booklet, produced by Shrewsbury and Atcham Borough Council, containing general advice on how to organise an event safely. Also attached is a simple event planners template to assist you in writing your events contingency plan.