Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service are committed to promoting equality and diversity both internally to our employees and to our service users.
We will ensure that:
- no employee, potential employee or service user will receive less favourable treatment because of their: Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Race, Religion or Belief, Marriage or Civil Partnership, Pregnancy or Maternity, Sex or Sexual Orientation
- people are treated with dignity and respect at all times
- we respond to the diverse needs of our service users by adapting our approach as needed
- make our correspondence and information easy to understand
- listen to feedback and consultation and use this where appropriate
We have Core Values that underpin all of our activities, which include:
- Service to the Community
Please follow this link for further details: Equality and Diversity in Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service .
We have a Single Equality Scheme which details improvements that are being made across the organisation to all the protected characteristics, please follow this link for further details: Single Equality Scheme .