Business Fire Safety (BFS)
Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to enforcing the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, which came into force in October 2006. This has repealed most of the previous pieces of Fire Safety Legislation. The Fire Safety Order places a duty on the owner, employer or responsible person to carry out a Fire Risk Assessment at their respective places of work.
Click the tiles below to find out what you need to do to comply with this legislation and how the organization can assist you.
- Enforcement policy
- Do fire regulations apply to my premises?
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Fire Risk Assessment template and log book
- Building Regulations 2000
- Licensing Act 2003
- Commercial and Domestic Planning Applications
- Fire Protection Performance
- Reduction of Unwanted Fire Signals - policy and guidance