Do fire regulations apply to my premises?
From the 1st October 2006 new fire regulations came into force, namely the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. The order applies to virtually all premises and covers nearly every type of building, structure and open space.
For example, it applies to:
- offices and shops
- premises that provide care (including care homes and hospitals)
- community halls, places of worship and other community premises
- the shared areas of properties several households live in (housing laws may also apply)
- pubs, clubs and restaurants
- schools and sports centres
- tents and marquees
- hotels and hostels
- factories and warehouses
It does not apply to:
- people's private homes, including individual flats in a block or house