Mobile phones - using in an emergency
If you have to call the 999 services in an unfamiliar area
STOP and THINK!
Always ensure you are using a hands-free set when using a mobile phone or pull over in a safe location.
The prompt calling of the emergency services can save lives- giving the wrong address can cost time
- Do you know your precise location?
- Road name or number?
- Area or County?
- Can you give a landmark? ie. a pub or a farm
- Always give the motorway number
- The direction of travel of the incident
- The number of the nearest marker post and the number of the junctions you are between
Leave your phone ON - we may need to speak to you again!