The Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service Social and Welfare Association is a service for all employees whether operational, non-operational or civilians.
The Association shall be active for:
- The encouragement and organisation of all indoor and outdoor sports, games and social activities
- The encouragement and organisation of the above activities at National, Regional, Brigade, District and Station level
- The promotion of all activities which in the opinion of the General Council would promote comradeship, co-operation and well being amongst the members of the Service
- The provision and management of a Central Fund to facilitate the objects mentioned above
The SFRS Social and Welfare Association holds its Annual General Meeting in August each year.
At this meeting grants are considered and allocated to each of the active sporting sections.
The Association currently has active sections representing the disciplines of:
- Table Tennis
- Fire Service Sports & Athletics Association (FSSAA)
Direct link to the FSSAA website
- 2013 FSSAA Cricket Fixtures