Members are reminded that they should declare any personal and/or prejudicial interests at this point and that they should leave the meeting room before any item, in which they have a prejudicial interest, is discussed.
Fire and Rescue Authority - 16 June 2010
Please note that details of complaints made about, and compliments received by, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service are available at every meeting of the Fire Authority for Members to peruse. Please ask either Lynn Ince or Sharon Lloyd if you would like to look at them.
01. Apologies for Absence
02. Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to agree the minutes of the Fire Authority meeting, held on 28 April 2010, and that they be signed by the Chair as a correct record.For decision
04. Public Questions
Members are asked to receive any questions, statements or petitions, of which notice has been received, from members of the public.
05. Audit and Performance Management Committee
Members are asked to receive the minutes of the Audit and Performance Management Committee meeting, held on 13 May 2010, attached marked 5 and consider the recommendations at:
- item 5 regarding amendments to the Audit and Performance Management Committee Terms of Reference (additions are shown in bold italics and deletions struck through), attached marked 5a; and
- item 11 regarding Treasury Management Practice
06. Strategy and Resources Committee
Members are asked to receive the minutes of the Strategy and Resources Committee meeting, held on 20 May 2010, attached marked 6 and consider the recommendations at item 6 regarding amendments to the Role Descriptions for the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Committee, attached marked 6a and 6b respectively. Additions to existing documents are shown in bold italics and deletions struck through.For decision
07. Human Resources Committee
Members are asked to receive the minutes of the Human Resources Committee meeting, held on 27 May 2010, attached marked 7 and
consider the recommendations at items:
- Amendments to the Human Resources Committee Terms of Reference, attached marked 7a (additions are shown in bold italics and deletions struck through)
- Establishment of Role Descriptions for the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Committee, attached marked 7b and 7c respectively
- Request for funding from Telford, Race and Equality Partnership. A copy of the report relating to this item can be accessed at: www.shropshirefire.gov.uk/webimages/managing-the-service/cfa/humanresour...
08. Statement of Accounts 2009/10
This report presents the Statement of Accounts 2009/10 for approval by the Fire Authority, and seeks specific approval to a number of virements from the General Fund in 2010/11.For decision
09. Annual Governance Statement 2009/10 and Improvement Plan 2010/11
This report asks the Fire Authority formally to approve the Annual Governance Statement (AGS) 2009/10, which must be included as part of the Statement of Accounts 2009/10. It also asks Members formally to approve the AGS Improvement Plan 2010/11.
For decision and signature by the Chair, Chief Fire Officer and Treasurer.For decision
10. Medium Term Financial Plan
This report informs Members of changes to the process of producing the Medium Term Financial Plan, attached marked 10. The first draft of the Plan is available for consideration by Members on the website by using the following link:
A hard copy will be available at the meeting.For decision
11. Annual Report 2009/10
This report seeks Member approval of the proposed contents and format of the Fire Authority Annual Report 2009/10, attached marked 11. The Draft Annual Report can be accessed on the website via the following link:
A colour, hard copy will be available at the meeting.For decision
12. New Dimension Asset Transfer
This report summarises the Authority’s current position over the transfer of New Dimension assets from the Department for Communities and Local Government (CLG) to local Fire & Rescue Services, including assets to this Authority. This follows communication with CLG seeking changes to contract and assurances of funding.For decision
13. Member Champions
This report asks Members to agree that officers carry out a fundamental review of Member Champion roles and bring back a report to the Fire Authority in due course, setting out their findings and proposals.For decision
14. Abolishment of Comprehensive Area Assessment
This report informs Members of recent national developments, which indicate the termination of the Comprehensive Area Assessment regime.For information
15. Update on the Regional Control Centre and Mobilising System
Members are advised that within the recent Government publication - The Coalition: our programme for government a shared conviction is made to ‘…stop plans to force the regionalisation of the fire service’ (Section 4, page 12). Clarification is currently awaited regarding this position statement to determine the impact and consequence upon the FiReControl Project.For information
Definitions of Exempt Information
- Paragraph 1
- Information relating to any individual
- Paragraph 2
- Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual
- Paragraph 3
- Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding the information)
- Paragraph 4
- Information relating to any consultations or negotiations, or contemplated consultations or negotiations, in connection with any labour relations matter arising between the authority or a Minister of the Crown and employees of, or office holders under, the authority.
- Paragraph 5
- Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.
- Paragraph 6
- Information which reveals that the authority proposes:
(a) to give under any enactment a notice under or by virtue of which requirements are imposed on a person; or
(b) to make an order or direction under any enactment.
- Paragraph 7
- Information relating to any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime.