Suspicious fires in Telford
Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service are asking residents to be vigilant in the Hollinswood area of Telford following several rubbish fires and a wheelie bin fire.
Crews from Telford central were called out to a rubbish fire in an underpass, off Duffryn at 2:26am on Sunday 20th March.
Crews were called out again last night, Monday 21st March 2011, to another rubbish fire the same location at 6:41pm, a report of a wheelie bin on fire at Downton Court, Hollinswood at 7:35pm and a further call at 8:17pm to another rubbish fire at Dunsheath, Hollinswood.
Crews from Tweedale were called out at 8:48pm, Monday 21st March, to a report of rubbish set on fire in a porch way of a two storey block of flats in Kemberton Drive, Madeley.
To reduce the risk of Arson:
- Secure all property close ground floor windows, lock doors, garages and sheds
- Put out rubbish for collection as late as possible and certainly not overnight, bins should be at least 6m away from properties
- Store flammable materials in an appropriate container and lock away securely
- Consider external security measures, e.g. lighting
- Be vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the Police on 0300 333 3000 or if you have any information about these fire contact Crimestoppers 0800 555 111
Whilst crews are dealing with antisocial behaviour fires such as these it could delay attendance to a more life threatening fire.