Choosing a competent Fire Risk Assessor

Fire safety legislation in the U.K, applies generally to all non-domestic premises. This includes all commercial premises and workplaces, those managed by voluntary organisations and the self employed, and all premises to which the public have access, including, in England and Wales, the common areas of muliti occupied residential buildings, such as flats and houses in multiple occupation.

If you are an employer, then you have a duty, under the appropriate fire safety legislation, to carry out a fire risk assessment. Similarly, if you occupy, or have any degree of control, over a non-domestic premises ( or if empty and you own it), then you are likely to have this duty.

The below guide is designed to help those with this responsibility, referred to as "duty holders," to  decide who should carry out the fire risk assessment, in order to ensure that their premises comply with the relevant fire safety legislation.

Further Information

Business Fire Safety

Telephone: 01743 260 200