The Fire Brigades Union (FBU) have announced the following strike action and periods of action short of a strike:
Strike action (England and Wales excluding Control members)
- Commencing 2 May 2014 from noon until 5.00pm
- Commencing 3 May 2014 from 2.00pm until 2.00am on 4 May
- Commencing 4 May 2014 from 10.00am until 3.00pm
Action short of a strike (England and Wales excluding Control members)
Commencing 4 May 2014 at 3.01pm. Until noon on 9 May, the ‘action short of a strike’ is likely to be refusal by FBU members to undertake any voluntary overtime, non-contractual overtime or voluntary additional hours.
We have instigated our business continuity planning process to mitigate the impact of the planned industrial action.
In the lead up to the planned action, we are asking people to take steps to prevent fires in the home during the strike. These include:
- Check your smoke alarm to make sure it works
- Plan your escape route
- Take extra care when you are cooking or smoking
- Share fire safety tips – talk to friends and family
- Only dial 999 in a genuine emergency, for example a fire not a pet rescue