Since 2001, we have carried out Home Fire Safety visits. In 2017, we expanded these visits to include a discussion on health and wellbeing.
What is a Safe and Well Visit?
The purpose of the visit is to ensure that you are aware of potential hazards within the home and can take appropriate actions. The visit is not to judge your lifestyle, but to keep you safe from fire. Please select the link to view our Safe and Well Privacy Notice
What will we do?
- Arrange a convenient time to visit
- Talk about the main causes of fire in the home
- Test smoke alarms
- Discuss points to consider when making a home fire escape plan
- Give advice on the action to be taken in the event of a fire
There are several lifestyle questions that we will ask and dependent on your answers and if we have your consent, we can refer you to agencies that can give you further advice and support for example:
- How often do you get out for social engagements?
- How often do you receive social visitors/family/friends?
- Would you like someone to contact you to assess and give advice on a range of services that could help you?
To book your free safe and well visit, please call 01743 260 260 or for further advice and assistance contact the Fire Prevention Team.
Online Home Fire Safety Check
Alternatively, you can complete a FREE online Home Fire Safety Check. For full details of what an online Home Fire Safety Check involves, the video below talks you through the process which only takes around 15 minutes.
Free smoke alarm eligibility
To qualify for a free smoke alarm from Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service, one or more of the following criteria must be met:
- Over 75 years old
- Long term sickness
- Have a disability
- Be physically unable to fit smoke alarms
For further details please contact 01743 260 200.
I don’t speak English
The prevention team will not let language become a barrier to your safety. We use language line, a service that can help us ensure that the information we provide is in the language you need www.languageline.com/uk
To download our Fire Safety booklet in other languages visit our Fire safety advice in other languages page